NYSEG Worker Rescued from Gully | News
WEST SENECA, NY - A line worker with New York State Electric and Gas was rescued by West Seneca firefighters after he became trapped in a small gully early Monday morning.
Chief Andy Kazmierski of Reserve Hose Company tells 2 On Your Side two NYSEG employees were working on lines behind a home on Dauer Drive just before 2:30 a.m.
The two were working in thick brush and one of them didn't see a drop off. He fell approximately 10 feet down.
A neighbor helped rescue efforts by cutting some of the think brush down, so firefighters could reach the man's location.
Firefighters pulled the man from the gully using ropes and a basket stretcher.
The man was taken to Erie County Medical Center by Rural Metro Medical Services with what were described as rib and spinal injuries.
Top West Seneca Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jacobs to Sponsor Community Blood Drive at Erie County Auto Bureau
- Golf Outing to Benefit the Hospice Foundation
- Depew Destination Adds Attractions
- Assemblyman Gabryszak and Assemblyman Kearns hold press conference in support of funding for OPWDD
- Mary Queen of Angels to Again Host Free Universal Pre-K Program