West Seneca Firefighters Free Trapped Man | News
WEST SENECA, NY - Firefighters from Winchester and Seneca Hose fire companies worked hard overnight to free a victim who had become trapped after his car crashed in to a bridge pylon.
The crash happened just after 2 a.m. Thursday on Indian Church Road under the I-90 overpass.
Police say the driver intentionally crashed his car in to the bridge pylon.
Fire crews worked for over a half an hour to free the driver by removing the car's roof and prying back the car's dashboard using hydraulic rescue tools.
The driver was taken to Erie County Medical Center by Rural-Metro Medical Services with injuries to his legs and head.
Upcoming Events near West Seneca
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.